1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Starbucks Fraud/Phishing?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Apr 15, 2016.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Anyone else get an email from e.starbucks.com saying 50 free stars for clicking the offer? Looked very legit but not getting through.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Did not get it. Don't have it in email or in my messages on my Starbucks app.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

by the way, I'm not sure I dig the change in the rewards program.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Like Buck:
    1. I didn't get the email.
    2. It's not in messages on the app.
    3. I don't dig the new program.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

While we're talking Starbucks, let me just say that the best item in their stores is the dark chocolate-covered graham crackers.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The Starbucks near my old office closes at midnight. The Starbucks near my new office closes at 7, and 4:30 on weekends. Not happy.

Also didn't get this email and I get way too much from them.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I blame YF.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

7, WTF? I thought they almost all closed at 10 unless inside a Target or something.

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I live in an urban area and there's six Starbucks within walking distance (four standalone, one Target, one Safeway). The Target one is the only one open later than 8. The area's getting more residential and mixed-use buildings, but I guess the vast majority of sales are morning/lunchtime, then they fall off a cliff in the afternoon.

Draft saved Draft deleted