1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Keown on Adam LaRoche

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Nothing is worse than a Magary imitator, but he still makes the occasional visit to Deadspin worth it.
    That was an entertaining takedown.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

6. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

7. Mr. Sunshine

Lighten up, Dick. It was a fun read.

8. Dick Whitman

Except they do this shit all ... the ... time.

It's bullshit. They basically reprinted Keown's story. And at least in this case it was in the interest of media criticism. To keep the content flowing, they usually just regurgitate news and rip off huge blocs of text from the people who actually did the reporting.

9. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

On the scale of things to be outraged about this would seem to have a low priority when compared to say underage sex slaves.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I guess maybe I'm just not a fan of that format. But it read like Magary woke up today, got a phone alert "Angry Column Deadline Approaching," said OH SHIT I FORGOT and found the first thing he could from this morning's news dump.

Double Down likes this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Damn it, it should outrage people here. Our colleagues and ex-colleagues are out there working hard trying to get information that essentially justifies the continued financial existence of sports journalism. And these fuckers have no shame about essentially reprinting it within the hour it posts. They do it all the time. It's bullshit. It's outrageous. Fuck Deadspin.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. Mr. Sunshine

I'm on board with the idea of Deadspin/Gawker dying a painful death, but Magary is the one remaining writer I enjoy. I can't read him too much, but every once in a while he makes me laugh my ass off. This happens to be one of those times.

Draft saved Draft deleted