1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Twitter reacts to Spieth loss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Crying Jordans will probably be a thing until Jordan actually dies.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think it's already jumped the shark at this point. It's the Ice Bucket Challenge of 2016.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

You would think, but it keeps popping under in mentions on Twitter and elsewhere. It's like Throwback Thursday; shit won't die in some quarters.

5. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

To me, it's worse that the big regional newspaper here does these same kind of articles on their site for local stuff. Sad; a once prestigious newspaper is now itself a "content mill." I've not talked to anyone that's written this type of stuff for them but I would love to know if it generates much clicks or if they're just following the lead of national sites. I've looked at a few of them and won't again because they offer nothing in the way of insight or new information. Anything I'm even remotely interested in that they include, I've already seen on Twitter.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

In my experience, most newsrooms include web or social media types who see what's going on and weigh in with quick takes on the website. They may or may not really know what's at issue, or the context, if it's actually true, or how to write a headline or spell someone's name, but they generate clicks.

Draft saved Draft deleted