1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

End of the line for Banana Slugs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 7, 2016.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a hoops game between the Banana Slugs and the Fightin' Okra.

franticscribe likes this.
  3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Vincent Vega sheds a tear.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

You guys going to a volleyball match?

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If they make the Great American Challenge and coed naked lacrosse NCAA sports, the Banana Slugs will move up to Division I.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

In the first picture made of me holding my first daughter, I am wearing a Banana Slugs t-shirt.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Was that before or after you moved out of your mom and dad's basement?

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

When I was working in junior hockey we used to get boxes of promotional samples from companies looking for our business. Most of it was crap, the one item I liberated - and I have worn it so much at my kid's baseball games and other summer outings that it has faded - is a yellow UC Santa Cruz cap with the mascot on front and "Slugs" on the back.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Before. We stayed there through two more kids and two more jobs. Sure, we owned houses in other states -- one close to 1,000 miles away -- and our kids went to schools in those states, too. But I just couldn't have pulled it off without that place to crash for free.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

It's worth pointing out that the question isn't whether the students want an athletic program, it's whether they want to pay more fees for one.

Considering that tuition and other costs there have skyrocketed, you can't blame someone for not wanting to pay more, no matter what it's for. Unfortunately, they don't get to choose whether they want to pay for the chancellor's pay increase.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Rough, tough and in the buff. The 90s were such a great time for novelty T-shirts.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Dorks. They look like a coupla dorks.

TowelWaver, OTD and exmediahack like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted