1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Study: The more pot you smoke, the more likely you are to be a loser

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Apr 2, 2016.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Boy, talk about a study that only confirms what we already know:

International research has revealed that the more cannabis you smoke, the more likely you are to be lower paid and have relationship difficulties.

The study followed children from birth up to the age of 38 and found people who smoked cannabis four or more days a week over many years ended up in a lower social class than their parents.

It also found that regular and persistent users ended up with lower-paying, less skilled and less prestigious jobs than those who were not regular cannabis smokers.

Financial, work-related and relationship difficulties were further experienced by those taking the drug, which worsened as the number of years of regular cannabis use progressed.

The more cannabis you smoke, the more likely you are to be a loser

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

This would only be breaking news on CNN.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The study followed children from birth? They had pot in their baby bottles?

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

If pot is for losers, then how did Bill Lee win 119 games in the big leagues by eating marijuana pancakes?

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Drugs are a young person's game. Most folks taper off as they hit early middle age. I won't say I don't smoke dope anymore, but once or twice a year is about all that comes my way. Hell, I have trouble staying awake after half a bottle of wine anymore. So it is my unscientific opinion that the heavy users in this survey were headed for Loserville for a variety of reasons which would have kicked in if marijuana disn't exist.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're smoking an indica when you should be smoking a sativa, Michael. o_O

OTOH, I would definitely prescribe an indica for YF.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

No it doesn't! Pot isn't addictive! Did you know Albert Einstein smoked pot? Was he a loser? If you don't smoke, you're the loser, man, because you're losing out on the best thing ever!

[/EveryFuckingPotHeadEver]

cyclingwriter2 and Mr. Sunshine like this.
  8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I can only say, since I won't tell, that the number and identity of distinguished Americans who are or soon will be senior citizens with whom I have done drugs would be of much interest on this thread. There are some younger distinguished Americans on the list, too.

11. Mr. Sunshine

I used to skip school to get high and read Jim Morrison poetry. Then I grew up, quit drugs and became a journalist. OK, maybe that's not the best example.

12. Mr. Sunshine

I would not be surprised by finding out anyone out there gets high. I would, however, be surprised if more than a handful of the succesful anyones were heavy smokers.

Draft saved Draft deleted