1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Larry Drake of 'L.A. Law'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mpcincal, Mar 18, 2016.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

The actor played mentally challenged office assistant Benny in the series and won a couple of Emmys for it.

I didn't catch on to the series right away, but the episode I happened to watch that got me hooked was the one where Benny was wrongly charged for the rape of a woman before Becker and Kuzak were able to prove his innocence. There was also another good storyline where he had a romance with a mentally challenged woman played by Amanda Plummer.

He also played the villain in "Darkman," and other various roles.

Emmy-winning 'L.A. Law' actor Larry Drake dies at 66

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, he was also one of the thug characters at the beach in The Karate Kid in the scene where Mr. Miyagi karate chops the beer bottle.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Very funny scene when Jimmy Smits took him to buy condoms for the first time.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The banana scene? Am I remembering that right?

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Yes.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Man that's impressive recall. Never would have thought it was him, since he was well into his 30s by that point.

Draft saved Draft deleted