1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ethics

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Johnny Jackson, Mar 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We have to do a better job. Story creation, fabrication and out and out lies have no place in this profession.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Let's get right on that.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You're a treat.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

5. Just stick to documented facts...report the story instead of trying to be the story.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Do we really need 5 threads on this shit that happened 6 years ago and barely anyone gave a shit about even then?

7. The coach cared...the players who looked up to him cared...his family cared...and as a responsible small town sports reporter who knew the guy and even published his coaching record I damn well cared. If you are going to write a story about a public figure like this guy was you had better damn well make sure it is 100% dead on balls correct before you publish...if not the story needs to be pulled. I take my responsibility as a sports journalist very seriously and I don't half ass do my job when a person's reputation is on the line. Gould didn't do his job and I don't care if this is discussed 100 years from now it is something we have to be very careful of. Now if you don't give a shit about that maybe you should do something else for a living...understand?

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Enough. As someone said, we don't need multiple threads on the same topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.