1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Goose Gossage's favorite letter: F

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Mar 10, 2016.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yankees fans were saying that word constantly after he faced Brett.

exmediahack and tapintoamerica like this.
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Has Kirk Gibson's Homerun lasted yet?

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The title of "old baseball player who bitches about how everyone younger than him sucks" has been vacant since Bob Feller died, but sounds like Gossage is more than happy to assume that role.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I thought Bautista handled it perfectly when he was asked about the comments.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

We can be pretty sure Gossage thinks Jordan was better than LeBron.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Anyone bother to remind Gossage that he won a world championship with one of the biggest showboats of all-time in the outfield?

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Appointment TV will be Bautista's first at-bat against the Rangers in 2016.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Fuck Gossage. He bitched his way into the Hall of Fame, and now anytime I see or hear him, that's what comes to mind first. Same with Harry Carson

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Yeah, that struck me, too.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

At my last employer, Gossage showed up a few times at charity events. A few of us would always ask him if we thought that relief pitchers these days were coddled because they only threw for a maximum of one inning. Every single time, he'd go into a long "In my day . . . " rant. It was pure joy egging him on.

12. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

You know what you're getting with guys like this. First, the expletives are just rhythm, given how unthinkingly and unemotionally they use them. And defending their era in a culture that has an extremely short memory isn't the worst thing in the world. It's pushback against joints like ESPN that act like sports were invented the same time as them, in 1979.

Draft saved Draft deleted