1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

High school sports reporter -- PA Media Group (Harrisburg, PA)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by BurkeNoel, Oct 14, 2015.

1. BurkeNoel

BurkeNoel New Member

The PA Media Group is seeking a collaborating, digital-savvy journalist to cover high school sports in Central Pennsylvania for PennLive.com and The Patriot-News.
    We’re looking for an aggressive team player who can break news and break away from the pack to generate enterprise that engages a broad audience.
    She/he must be savvy on social media and equally comfortable on both sides of the video camera.
    The PA Media Group is a digital-first operation that covers 64 high schools.
    Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume and five clips to sports manager Burke Noel at bnoel@pennlive.com.

2. NHMafia

NHMafia Member

I work here so PM me with questions.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

4. Waldo9939

Waldo9939 Active Member

And Burke is the bomb coming from one of his former employees in Daytona.

5. NHMafia

NHMafia Member

I haven't had a chance to speak with Burke about the position directly but I've been told by a couple people that this position likely won't be filled until the end of the year.

6. Trish Bradle

Trish Bradle New Member

Thank you for posting this. Sent in my stuff last week and was just about to ask when the position is planned to be filled!

7. Josh Schrock

Josh Schrock New Member

Any word on this?

8. Waldo9939

Waldo9939 Active Member

I'm pretty sure this spot has been filled but I'll let those in the know announce this. If it's who I think it is, it's a damn good hire.

9. ped0003

ped0003 New Member

Do some companies really take five months to make a hire? That's ridiculous.

10. Waldo9939

Waldo9939 Active Member

I think it wasn't on purpose. But there's been places that take longer than a year to fill a spot.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'll be darned if I've heard anything from across the parking lot.

12. Waldo9939

Waldo9939 Active Member

Let me put it this way, the new hire will be in at the end of March. Again, I'll let those in the know take care of business from there.

Draft saved Draft deleted