1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1. Last week a judge ruled singer Ke$ha would have to honor her contract and continue to work with her record company, and producer. This is the producer she accused of sexual assault a few years back - in what was considered to be an attempt to get out her contract.
    Kesha sobs as judge keeps deal with alleged rapist producer

There's been a social media outrage (I know, I know) over the judge siding with her alleged rapist and his record company ...
    Accept that with a little digging, its easy to see why the judge ruled that way he did: A few years ago Ke$ha gave sworn deposition retracting those claims.
    Kesha Swore Under Oath Dr. Luke Did NOT Sexually Assault Her
    OBTW ...her and her mom threatened the producer to get out her contract (pretty close to extortion)
    Kesha's Mom Threatens Dr. Luke -- Release Her Or I'll Ruin You!

Do we have any idea if Ke$ha is the victim here? I was initially inclined to think No. But I have no idea.
    I don't think deposition is a lot of evidence of anything. A victim could have easily denied anything happened. That doesn't mean she wasn't assaulted.
    However, the extortion threat from her mom, makes me wonder ....

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Well shit. Just heard of this in the past few days and now I don't know what to think

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I believe she believes she was raped.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't know if she does or not.

What is great about the Kane thing is I was stating that as support for her against accusations that she was lying or trying to extort him. My point was that she did everything we demand rape victims do. She checked every box.

Somehow, it is now shorthand for me being a misogynist rapist sympathizer.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Love me some Vombatus. But don't love the constant gotcha moments referencing old posts. It's getting really old, especially from certain posters. (Not VB)

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I give this post a 6.

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Is that a good thing? I mean I've been with a 6 or two in my tome but ...

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's not a "gotcha" moment. I 1,000 percent stand by it.

BDC99 likes this.
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Pretty much the SJ standard, so you're aight.

BDC99 likes this.
  10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree. I was just trying to jump on what looked like low hanging fruit.

I'm going back to posting pictures of cats.

BDC99 likes this.
  11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Was speaking more in general. Getting to be a pattern around here.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This guy's Twitter bio is awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted