1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(Dead) People of Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A 22-year-old California woman was found dead in her car in a Wal-Mart parking lot. She'd apparently been there for three months, since disappearing in November. Nobody noticed because her car had tinted windows and a sunshade, which made it difficult to see inside.
    And you thought the people inside of Wal-Mart smelled bad?

Body of 22-year-old found in Walmart lot may have been there for months | Fox News

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The good news is Walmart apparently never tows your car.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

One of the only good things about WalMart is you can park your car there and leave it as long as you want without it being towed (like if you're meeting someone to go to a ball game or whatever and want to take one car instead of a caravan).

Also a good place to catch a nap if you're on the road and don't want to pay for a hotel. Most of them have parking lot security at night, but won't ask you to move along.

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

About 80 percent of Wal-Marts allow overnight parking for RVs. We had neighbors who would drive from Ohio to Texas every year without spending a dollar on lodging (but a lot on gas, of course).

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You would think that if a car is in a lot for -- say -- a month without ever moving, somone might alert the store manager.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I've parked at Wal-Mart hundreds of times when meeting friends to carpool to games. So is it safe to assume people just overlooked the smell because, well, it's Wal-Mart?

7. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

That is, eventually, what happened. Store employee noted that the car had been there awhile, alerted management, who called the cops. Story is, the women checked herself out of drug rehab, drove to the parking lot and committed suicide by shooting herself up with a lethal dose of drugs. The car had tinted windows and there was a window shade on the front windshield, so nobody could easily see inside. I shudder to think of the condition of her body when she was found.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Also Salinas isn't one of those cities you go knocking on a car in a Walmart parking lot.

On the other hand, what a great endorsement for they car: keeps out outside noise and prevents foul odors from getting in or out.

HanSenSE and BDC99 like this.
  9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I hate to cast aspersions at corporations, but I have to believe if this car was left in a Target parking lot, the body would have been discovered within a week.

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I hope that there was one of those little pine tree air freshener thingies on the rearview mirror.

Armchair_QB, Batman, murphyc and 6 others like this.
  11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Ladies and gentlemen, your clubhouse leader.

Ace likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted