1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How hard is it to take care of your kid?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

My father in law got in a bad accident today. T-boned by a tractor trailer, car destroy. There was a good one hour time period where all we knew was accident and the description of the truck and assumed the worst. All he's got is 8 broken ribs - a miracle if you saw what his truck looks like - but obviously the family is a little shook.
    My in-laws are all at the hospital and my sister-in-law has been getting calls every 10 minutes from her baby daddy about when can he drop my niece off with her. It's her night with her but this douchnozzle - who is tatted from head to toe and has the word "c*nt" on his leg - doesn't think he should take the kid.
    So my sister in law is frazzled because she wants to be at the hospital and the fucking sperm donor won't stop asking when he can drop the kid off. So now I'm going to have to watch her, because her dad isn't man enough to step up for a night.
    I feel like saying something, but I also feel like that's going to make things worse.
    Take care of your kid. It's not hard. It sucks sometimes. I don't feel like taking care of my own plenty of times. I'd rather go out drinking and having fun and no responsibility, but I can't. Because I decided kids were the way to go and they're my priority.
    But not captain douchebag. Fuck this guy.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He sounds like a Pats fan.

novelist_wannabe likes this.
  3. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I'd guess he's more of a UFC or WWE guy. Question is why did your sister-in-law hook up with him?

Your wife seems to have heard head screwed on straight and has a great career. What happened with her sister? FWIW, my brother has four kids with three women and would be a deadbeat dad if the state didn't garnish his wages.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Weren't there enough places for the guy to buy a condom? [cross-thread]

In all seriousness, though, glad your dad-in-law is alive and seemingly OK.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Pssst ... If the state is garnishing his wages for child support, he is a deadbeat dad.

Sorry, Rhody. Hope the FIL is OK and SIL is able to get by the stress. How old is the kid, BTW? Maybe she can babysit and you can go drinking and having fun. Two birds, one stone and such.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Based on that, I tend to agree.

Ace and BDC99 like this.
  7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Not a big quibble, but in the state he lives in, garnishment is mandatory for every child support order.

8. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Her sister was a wild teen, but once she had the kid she realized she needed to turn shit around. She started taking classes at the local CC and got herself into nursing school. She's 24, so there's plenty of time. This d-bag is part of her wild era.

She gets money from him, but it ain't much. Asshat wanted to claim my SIL and niece on his unemployment application so he could get more $$$. Asked for both SS #'s. When she didn't give them, he refused to bring the kid back to her. Cops were called, started a huge fight, cops took the kid but told her that going forward, she needs to have a custody order or they can't take her. That's getting figured out now.

That made me laugh. Thanks.

9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

We just had our first kid. He's 10 weeks and he's just starting to not act like a blob all the time.

I already love the hell out of him. I can't empathize with anyone who doesn't feel similarly about a kid who is genetically half of them.

And to answer the thread title, it's fucking hard, and a lot of people aren't up for it.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

False.

11. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I'm sure I know the answer already, but was there a good reason (he had to work, he had a relative of his own in intensive care) that he wanted to dump the kid off?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

To answer the question in the headline: How hard is it to take care of your kid?

Pretty hard.

But it will all seem worth it when they are still clogging the toilet at 21.

Draft saved Draft deleted