1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If Sanders doesn't get the nomination, it won't be because he got jobbed out of two delegates in Iowa.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Very much a similar scenario. Whatever the margin of victory was, it was smaller than the error rate in the counting. Under recounts conducted post hoc by various media organizations/consortia, results ranged from Bush by about 1,700 votes to Gore by 3.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's just it. When it's effectively a tie, unless the two parties/candidates have agreed to a procedure in advance, there's going to be discord. For a Presidential election, not much to be done. For the Iowa caucuses -- forget it and move on.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

That's a good editorial ... I like the comparison between the chaos of the Democratic caucus night and the drunken middle-aged mob of RAGBRAI*.

* -- that would be the Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa, a one-week party on wheels that goes from the Missouri River to the Mississippi River each summer.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Tha Tampa Rays didn't win the World Series, but if the miscounted the score of an April game it would still matter

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Wake me when the Des Moines Register calls for a real primary election, complete with absentee ballots.

Ace and Lugnuts like this.
  7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I just want the amusement of the Sanders camp demanding to count the math on the votes in Iowa when they seem to have issues with math on how they're going to pay for everything they want to give people.

doctorquant and Twirling Time like this.
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Not really.

He wants to tax the shit out of rich people.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And the math still isn't close.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Look closely. ... Nice job, Curz!

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Just blame it on common core no one will notice

12. MisterCreosote