1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It is not going to end well for Johnny Manziel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

He and Greg Hardy can be road roomies next year ...

Inky_Wretch and LongTimeListener like this.
  3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I was thinking Manziel and Martin Shkreli could end up as roomies in the psych ward.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I think you and I have agreed that we thought perhaps his excessive drinking was more of a 23-year-old with ridiculous amounts of money being too immature to control himself rather than full-on alcoholism, but it's becoming increasingly apparent (even if I'm late to the party on this one, so to speak) that this kid has some serious problems. And, apparently, they extend far beyond alcoholism.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Bigger issues than just addiction with this guy. He needs to be involuntarily committed. He is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

And now he is officially untouchable for even Jerry Jones.

Gator likes this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's going to get worse after he gets cut, blows through whatever money he's made in the past two years, and becomes a 26-year-old with no money. Then maybe he'll move into a box next to the homeless guy in Cleveland who told Haslem to draft him, and his life will have come full circle.

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Are we sure that guy isn't in witness protection? Many Browns fans want to kill him for making the suggestion. (rolls eyes)

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Nah.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

No charges:

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I bet he has trust funds to blow through first.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm trying to imagine Johnny Manziel at 40. At 50. Like Todd Marinovich before him, he has been brought up to do one thing. And he's failed at it.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

And all but $250,000 of his $7.9 million rookie contract is guaranteed (all except the 2017 roster bonus), so it really doesn't matter if the Browns cut him or not.

Draft saved Draft deleted