1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two Virginia Tech students might have done something horrible to a local girl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Second Virginia Tech student charged in the death of Blacksburg 13-year-old

This is just a fascinating story.

Did the girl go on her own?
    Did her lack of medication kill her?

What are two engineering students at Tech, one of the hardest programs to get into in the state (William & Mary included), doing mixed up with this?

I'm just waiting for this to unfold.

2. 93Devil

And people in this area will say that VCU is in a "bad part of town." Well, UVA and Tech have had some crazy shit, I mean bat shit crazy shit, happen on and around their campuses since I have lived down here.

Freeking nuts.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I mean, who ever heard of a weird, creepy engineer?

But, yeah, absolutely horrible. But honestly, you don't want to go too far off campus at night down Cherry Avenue near UVa. It's not that shocking when students are getting robbed. That doesn't have anything to do with a story like George Huguely, though. I've never noticed that the area immediately surrounding VCU was that bad, but it's so spread out I'm sure there are streets I'm not familiar with.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Possible correlation?

BDC99 likes this.
  5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Charlottesville had a serial killer. Blacksburg may have just caught theirs early on, we can only hope.

Ace likes this.
  6. 93Devil

No. There was the Tech shooter. There was a different guy killing women around UVA. There was someone hitting campsites around Tech and killing people. There was the Lax player at UVA.

Just crazy shit. I think I am forgetting a couple.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

The Eisenhaur kid was a star track athlete from Maryland. Very baffling story.

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Methinks you missed the joke!

Stoney, franticscribe and Vombatus like this.
  9. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Accused murderer with the physical ability to run pretty fast. How long until Eisenhauer signs with the Dallas Cowboys?

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Not to make light of a horrible story, but the suspect's name is David Eisenhauer? The only thing that would make it more freaky was if that other student who was also arrested had been named Julie Nicksen.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Methinks he did too! And I didn't really want to do that, but it was like low hanging fruit.

BDC99 likes this.
  12. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Before we all start laughing at this (allegedly) evil sad sack, how many of us have even one friend good enough to (allegedly) help us dispose of a body on short notice?

Anyway, the verdict is in. A solid, bubbly six:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.