1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Explain this to me like I'm a second-grader

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

In other words, explain this to him like we usually do.

cjericho likes this.
  3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

That there is an election going on and news organizations are frustrated this boring story that nobody cares about hasn't turned up anything of significance despite all the months of effort.

After the Benghazi! investigations failed, this was the story they thought would bring HRC down.

I suspect they'll need to go all in on the Lena Dunham thing pretty soon.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    Baron Scicluna likes this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Check my response to the AP story in the Email thread.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's the big one.

6. Baron Scicluna

So far, the main explanation that I've seen is that she's supposed to be a mind-reader and know that a document is supposed to be classified before it was even sent to her. Even if the document was, as her spokesman noted, a news article.

Barring that, I've heard a bunch of emotional explanations about trustworthiness and so-called treason and a bunch of other bullshit that has little to do with Americans that are more concerned about their jobs and healthcare.

That about sum it up?

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Classified information would be like which boy Linda has a crush on, when everyone already knows it's Billy.

Top Secret would be whether Billy likes Linda.

For Poin Eyrs Only would be which teacher Billy is shagging.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yes, she would have had to be a mind-reader to know that, as Secretary of State, there was a good chance people might want to send her classified information. So why in the world would you want to use a secure e-mail for work purposes when you have a perfectly good unsecured server in your basement?

9. Baron Scicluna

Classified info can be written or verbal. They could just come to her office and talk with her.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

OK: They have been trying to nail the old hag for 25 years, since she was a relatively young hag, and never gotten anything to stick. They think this is their lucky year.

That's the explanation for grades 2 to 92.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Of course they could. But, you know, the Secretary of State could be anywhere in the world, receiving information from anywhere in the world. I mean, the ambassador to, say, Egypt might have a tough time walking into her office to tell her something right away. You think he might consider, you know, an e-mail?

studthug12 likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted