1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl 50

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I think it's going to be low-scoring nut-buster, 17-14'ish, 21-17'ish ... great defenses.

I've grown to like Cam and at the same time it would be nice for Peyton to get that 2nd ring.

I read somewhere this is Manning's 4th Super Bowl with a 4th different head coach. Weird.

If no one gets suspended or hurt on either side, I'm going Carolina 17-14.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Carolina has played all the top five defenses save Denver and the Jets. They played Seattle twice. They put up 24+ every time. Should we expect them to do much less against Denver?

3. Songbird

4. Songbird

Should also get some Voice of God action going ...

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Team wearing white has won 31 of 49 SBs, including 10 of the past 11.

Broncos, as home team, chose to wear white. Peyton is 1-0 in white in SB and 0-2 in dark.

All that being said . . . Broncos are gonna get killed. Maybe not 43-8 killed. But killed.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I kind of feel this way too, but a lot of teams that I've thought would get killed, don't. Seems like a great defense and a so-so offense keeps a team in games as opposed to the other way around.

So, basically, whatever, and the only money I'm willing to put down is on square pools.

7. LongTimeListener

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

34-16 Panthers. Game over by Halftime, but people watch to see if Peyton is benched.

9. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

As I said during the championship round, the Broncos just haven't played in lopsided games one way or the other this year. The Panthers rightfully should be favored and even expected to win, but got to think this is going to be close just like all the others with the Broncos. The wildcard is the turnovers. The Panthers force them and until the last month or so the Broncos didn't mind giving them up. If the Broncos turn it over is the only way it gets ugly.

SFIND likes this.
  10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I do see a pick-6 in Peyton's future.

11. LongTimeListener

Draft saved Draft deleted