1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

This is a sports thread! I promise!

Nine Tales of Trump at His Trumpiest

Despite Trump's allegedly having a 4 handicap and owning scores of golf courses ("the best in the world"), he plays about as straight as a corkscrew. When Alice Cooper was asked who is the worst celebrity golf cheat he's ever played with, he responded, "I played with Donald Trump one time. That's all I'm going to say."

Sportswriter Rick Reilly, who played golf with Trump for his book Who's Your Caddy?, gave Trump an 11 on a 10-point cheating scale, telling the Post that Trump fabricated scores on his scorecard, called gimmes on chip shots, and conceded putts to himself by raking his ball into the hole rather than actually putt-ing. "He rakes like my gardener!" Reilly said.

When Mark Mulvoy, then-managing editor of Sports Illustrated, played golf with Trump in the mid-'90s, the two were forced to take cover when a storm rolled in. After the rain subsided, Mulvoy returned to the green to see a ball that he didn't remember 10 feet away from the pin. When he asked whose ball it was, Trump replied, "That's me."

"Give me a f—ing break," Mulvoy told Trump. "You've been hacking away in the .  .  . weeds all day. You do not lie there." According to Mulvoy's recollection to the Post, Trump responded: "Ahh, the guys I play with cheat all the time. I have to cheat just to keep up with them."

Trump, for his part, denied knowing who Mulvoy is, claimed never to have played with Alice Cooper, and of Reilly, he said, "I always thought he was a terrible writer. I absolutely killed him, and he wrote very inaccurately."

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Trump cheats at something?

[​IMG]

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

The thread might've been meant tongue in cheek, but nothing about it surprises me in the least. The man is a fraudulent self-obsessed egomaniacal huckster in everything else, I see no reason those traits wouldn't also extend to his golf game.

2muchcoffeeman and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Donald, you can't just dictate what tax rates are going to be. Why don't you try reading the Constitution, shankapotamus ...

[​IMG]

YankeeFan, HC and SnarkShark like this.
  6. SnarkShark

I miss that little guy.

JackReacher likes this.
  7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't mind a little golf cheating if the stakes aren't too high, but calling a gimme on a chip shot is too much!

Can we get the impeachment process started? Just in case.

8. SnarkShark

Also from the article, about his lawsuits:

After the case lingered for five years, a state judge smacked down The Donald, essentially telling him his name wasn't the special snowflake he thought it was. If Donald Trump had only demanded to see the birth certificates — which he's since become adept at doing — he'd have realized that the other Trumps had been using their last name longer than he has.

Honorary millennial!

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You say he's a cheater. I say it's about damn time we elect a leader who can hang with the North Koreans.

BDC99 likes this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

About 5 years ago, I played one hole of golf with Trump at his course in Bedminster. He didn't cheat but he made a bet on the hole, lost and never paid it off to my playing partner (a member who knows Trump well and said that it wasn't the first time).

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Can't wait til Trump goes hunting with his good friend, Vlad Putin

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Wow, this thread has been up for 1.5 hours and Starman hasn't chimed in with any daughterfucker comments yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.