1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Snowghazi 2016

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Jan 22, 2016.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Welp. This is gonna suck.

Region prepares for massive snowstorm

Up to 30 inches of snow expected in the DC area this weekend.
    Metro closing at 11 p.m. Friday through Monday morning.
    All area flights canceled Saturday.
    Fed Gov't closing at noon Friday.
    Most schools closed Friday.

Fuck this.

Dyno and Vombatus like this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Kudos to "Snowghazi". Quality work! When are the hearings?

Dyno likes this.
  3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Full disclosure. I kinda drafted off the heat of an esteemed board member, who has been calling it Blizzghazi, which I like, too. Also saw #snOMG2016 which is....ok.

The hearings will begin at the Crystal City Restaurant around noon today, Vombatus. That's right up your alley.

wicked and Dyno like this.
  4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Straight snow is one thing, but if the high winds (20-30 mph) come then losing power is on the table. That really sucks.

I have a 5000 watt generatror, and I went out and bought two more large space heaters just in case.

The 17 degree temperature on Sunday night means this snow is probably going to stay on the ground for a while.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Always loved the snowmen cartoons. Two of my favorites is one is where he has a snowman bowling a strike with a bowling alley with another snowman's head, while the headless one's is standing behind him, hands in the air are trying to find it his missing head. The other one shows a snowman laying dead, with an ice cream scoop in his back, and Calvin explains to Hobbes that it's a sordid story.

Personally, I think this storm should be called Snowgate.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Thanks Obungo!!

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Finally somewhere I can post this:

[​IMG]

Armchair_QB and Vombatus like this.
  9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Y'all enjoy that krap. Supposed to be mid-60s here this weekend. May sneak in 18 holes before the football starts sunday.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Take the over.
    :)

JackReacher likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Every forecast says Boston will get only grazed by the storm, a couple of inches tops. And everyone here has so much PTSD from last winter, no one believes it.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Seems like it's going to be a run-of-the-mill Nor'easter around here.

My bigger challenge is that my boiler crapped out last week and I'm trying to get the new one installed before the worst of the storm. It's a two-day job (I'm also upgrading the water heater while they're at it) and the crew got here around 7:15 this morning, so it's a bit of a race against the clock.

It's not a cheap job, either.

Draft saved Draft deleted