1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump’s humiliation: Bring it on.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's all going to fall apart any day now:

“If you bother to read some of the serious analysis of Trump’s support, you realize that it’s a very fragile thing and highly unlikely to deliver what he needs in the crucial first phase of the primaries,” said Niall Ferguson, Laurence A. Tisch professor of history at Harvard University. “By the time we get to March-April, it’s all over. I think there’s going to be a wonderful catharsis, I’m really looking forward to it: Trump’s humiliation. Bring it on.”

The Specter of Donald Trump Is Haunting Davos

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's up 47 percent to 22 percent over Cruz in Florida.

3. Dick Whitman

He is, by far, the most likely Republican nominee, and probably the front-runner for the presidency.

4. YankeeFan

We used to get predictions of doom after some crazy Trump pronouncement.

Now, despite all previous predictions of doom proving to be premature, we've got a Harvard professor still predicting doom, with no new evidence to back it up.

Apparently, none of us are reading the same "serious analysis" of Trump's support that Niall Ferguson is reading.

5. YankeeFan

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

When he's elected president, I don't want to hear anyone talk about "American exceptionalism" ever again. The dumbest, most hateful among us will have won and we will be nothing but a symbol of the absolute worst this country has to offer.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

8. Dick Whitman

Even Mika now says he can win.

9. YankeeFan

Bush's Super Pac has fucking destroyed Marco Rubio.

I don't think Bush is coming back, but by knocking Rubio, they've helped make it a two man race between Trump and Cruz.

And, as much as "the establishment" doesn't like Trump, they like Cruz less. They know he's actually a conservative. They figure Trump is blustery, and willing to say what it takes to win, but will govern like a "big government" guy.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I can't tell if you're being Real Dick or Passive Aggressive Long Con Dick.

But I can't wait for Iowa. I figure that's going to carry more weight than usual because we're going to see if all this Trump support is B.S. (as so many have predicted) or if it's really there.

11. Dick Whitman

I genuinely believe, as it stands today, that Donald Trump is the front-runner for the United States presidency.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If it winds up being Hillary and He, Trump, there could be a record voter turnout in the making.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.