1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Lena Dunham says she'll be "pretty emotional" when "Girls" ends'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 12, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't have an opinion on Dick's voting, but I do love the Dunham sisters as his avatar.

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Passive Aggressive Long Con Dick is my new favorite Dick.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You misspelled "millennial" ... Irony? And if yes, intentional or not? :D

Brian likes this.
  4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Y do u need a 2nd n nyway?

LongTimeListener and HC like this.
  5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I'm not smart enough to do that ironically. I'm just a (barely) millennial reporter who infuriates his editor on a daily basis with his typing errors. :D

LongTimeListener and doctorquant like this.
  6. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Zaktly.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I should note, just because it's interesting, that my Republican friends, pretty much to a man, wish that Paul Ryan were running. Another is a big Mitch Daniels supporter, and lamented that he never ran for president, for what he felt were all the wrong reasons.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Fully realizing Dick's provocateur role (troll is such an ugly word) ...

NBC Found Time to Ask About Bill Clinton’s Sex Life, But Not About Hillary Clinton’s New Defense of Abortion Rights

So because Bill was a sleaze, it's better not to vote based on actual policy differences that would affect actual people? Ted Cruz never cheated on his wife (that we know of), therefore women would be better casting their lot with him than with Hillary?

cranberry likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

She systematically verbally bludgeoned every accuser. Floozies. Bimbos. And so on.

Would Bernie Sanders not implement the same policies as Hillary Clinton, regarding women? Would Martin O'Malley not do so?

It is interesting that they trust her to implement these policies, given her track record. Just a few years ago, the same voting bloc largely refused to credit Rob Portman when he changed his mind on gay marriage.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Neither is electable.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I brainstormed a slogan for you, DW:

1 man, 1 vote, 1 Dick

12. Dick Whitman

I disagree. They don't have 1/10th the baggage she will carry into a general election. Do you not think that Sanders could defeat Donald Trump?

That's beside the point, though. Again, walking back slightly the portion that LTL bolded, I understand why they might vote for her. But it is intellectually dishonest to dismiss, in conversations with friends and on social media, or rationalize her boorish past.

Draft saved Draft deleted