1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much did you pay for gas today?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by G-Spot, Sep 7, 2006.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Meant to bring this up earlier, but I filled up at $1.45 (with no discount) over the weekend -- 22 bucks total for the fillup. It was actually cheaper than the Kroger, which was in the $1.60s, because I only had enough points for a 10-cent discount.

Today, one of the stations right near my office is at $1.45, which means the one at the next exit (where I filled up a couple days ago) is probably even cheaper.

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

This entire thread is kind of a cool time capsule. I honestly never thought I'd get gas for less than $1.50 ever again unless I somehow found myself in Venezuela.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Haven't seen it mentioned but a price war between stations in Mich drove one station down to 47 cents a gallon!

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Speaking of blasts from the past -- Price War!

BDC99 likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And I love that resumption of relations with Iran is driving prices down further. Thanks Obama.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

1.78 Central Maryland

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

$1.29 in Broken Arrow, OK. Be jealous.

8. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

Unleaded regular is now down to $1.799 in the western suburbs of Chicago. The BP refinery in Whiting, Indiana still is charging an additional 60¢ a gallon for premium grade gas in Chicagoland. So it's $2.399 for those of us who use premium gasoline.

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

In central Florida, the price at the two most popular stations I pass every day has fallen on each of the last five days, including a drop of a dime yesterday. We're now below $1.70 in many places.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Wholesale gas is threatening the $1 a gallon barrier this morning. That means in many states with low tax rates, gas will be in the $1.30s in the next week or two. The lowest I ever saw it fall after the financial crisis was $1.30.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Which financial crisis?

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Many state legislatures are meeting this month; there's really no reason not to raise fuel taxes by a dime or more a gallon in order to fix the infrastructure that is so badly deteriorating. Of course, I know that ain't gonna happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted