1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Ted Marchibroda

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

2. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

First guy to hire belichick....they seemed like total opposites in coaching style.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

He caught my attention in '76 with a high-scoring, fun-to-watch Colts team. That was the year Bert Jones was MVP. RIP.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Bert Jones. One of the first QBs I remember. Dan Pastorini another. Steve Bartkowski.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Jones played when I was really young, so I don't really remember him that well. What I do remember him for is a beer commercial where he tried to spoof L.C. Greenwood crushing a beer can. I enjoyed that one immensely.

6. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Totally forgot he played college ball at st. Bonaventure...many members of my family were bonnies.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The coach of the real Colts, the Baltimore variety. He brought them back from the dead in the mid-1970s. Until Bob Irsay ruined it all, of course.
    No matter how many shiny new domes they build and no matter how many franchise QBs they tank to get, the Indy version will never be as important to the NFL as the Baltimore Colts were.

8. R.I.P. Emperor Palpatine.

Draft saved Draft deleted