1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Lena Dunham says she'll be "pretty emotional" when "Girls" ends'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Enjoy your work-around-the-lock thread, DW.

3. Dick Whitman

A ground-breaking comedic actress gave an interview about her ground-breaking prestige television series.

Is that not news-worthy?

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

She's just going to find someone to curl up with and watch SNL.

poindexter likes this.
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Well, she's a woman. Of course she'll be emotional. I hope she's not around any fraternity brothers when it ends so she doesn't make some bad emotional decisions.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You're obviously a big fan. Sorry to come off as mean. Grab a box of tissues and get through the day, pal.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The vast majority of the nation, which couldn't be forced to watch the show at gunpoint, won't give a shit.

However if some incentive is provided for this pig to just go away, I imagine there will be widespread satisfaction.

8. Dick Whitman

I'm not a big fan. I've never seen the show. But I understand that it is ground-breaking. She is very popular among certain demographics, outspoken, and "one of the most politically astute voices in America today," according to Sally Kohn. When she gives a rare interview, I think it merits a thread.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Spurred by the discussion yesterday, I asked five women I know what they thought about Lena Dunham. Two of them gave responses that were variations of "She's repulsive," and three replied, "Who?"

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If that's what you need to tell yourself to feel good about this thread, all righty.

cranberry likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

WaPo has a fun look at her custom fashion choices for her recent trips to Iowa and New Hampshire:

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Was there a sale on hy-phens?

Draft saved Draft deleted