1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Playoff Thread: Division Round

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

NE -5 vs. KC
    Ari -7 vs. GB
    Car -3 vs. Sea
    Den -6.5 vs. Pit

Pittsburgh seems like the most likely underdog to cover and even win.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Sure, but if they go into Denver with no Ben and no Tony Brown and no DeAngelo Williams, I don't see them standing much of a chance.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Fuck you, Whitman. Stop working my corners.

4. Roethlisberger is listed as day-to-day. Brown is expected to play. Williams is also expected to be ready. Jump on the 6.5 while it lasts.

95 percent of America is on the Kansas City bandwagon this week.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Pretty sure all three will play, with Brown and Williams being close to 100 percent.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I knew I could rely on SteelerSJ.com to come through so I didn't have to look up their status.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Is Maclin playing?

I have a feeling the Patriots have seen a lot of the film from the KC game last year. I could see the Chiefs making some noise if they can get consistent pressure on Brady . I can also see the Pats getting serious revenge. Although that Chiefs ass-kicking last year was probably just what NE needed at the time.

8. I think Ben plays regardless.

By bandwagon I should amend that: I think 95 percent of America is rooting for KC.
    The Chiefs have a great shot to win, and a lock to cover. (Famous last words).

What do the Patriots have to exact this revenge? They have Brady and Gronk and a less-than-stellar supporting cast. Good enough to win? Yeah. But if the Chiefs don't turn the ball over and the DL pressures Brady's like last year, it'll be a long, sad day in Foxboro.

Arizona is the only team I think will cover the spread. Even there I'm skeptical.

9. Mr. Sunshine

Edelman is back. He's the most important member of Brady's supporting cast. Also, I don't trust the Chiefs' offense, especially with its only playmaker injured.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Chiefs-31
    Patriots-21

Packers-27
    Cardinals-41

Seahawks-10
    Panthers-24

Steelers-13
    Broncos-19

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Edelman is back, but how much of him is back will not be known until Saturday evening.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

How many concussions has Edelman had? Is he in Wes Welker territory?

Draft saved Draft deleted