1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baseball Reporter - Wall Street Journal (New York, NY)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MiamiBoy, Jan 6, 2016.

1. MiamiBoy

MiamiBoy Active Member

The Wall Street Journal's sports desk seeks a top-notch reporter to cover baseball. The ideal candidate would have 2-3 years experience covering Major League Baseball either nationally or in a major market. The ideal candidate will be a proven newshound with strong reporting and writing skills and some experience covering a sports beat. The ideal candidate has a strong grounding in statistics and is comfortable with video and social media. Must be willing to travel extensively.

Applications should include a cover letter, resume, and up to five published clips.

Reporter, Sports in NEW YORK, New York, United States

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Seems as if this is a top-notch job. Don't have to deal with the drudgery of working a team beat. Honestly, seems like a dream job in that you get to write about pretty much anything and be a leader in the industry.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You should apply.

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Don't want to move to NYC or travel. Have a bad back and plane trips are miserable. Also enjoy the projects I'm involved with.

For those with talent, and there are people here who can write stories besides gamers and basic features, this seems to be a good gig. More people interested in covering preps and JUCOs for a measly wage, though.

5. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

I would love this gig but doubt I'd even get an interview

Draft saved Draft deleted