1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrorist attack in Philly?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Jan 8, 2016.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Police: Gunman shot cop 'in name of Islam'

The story is kind of embarrassing with the repeated mentions of Islam followed by "it's unclear if it's Islam" stuff, but regardless, someone still tried to execute a police officer at near point-blank range.

Side note: I used to live pretty close to Yeadon (where the suspect is from). I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone could get "radicalized" there. Most troublemakers are too busy becoming methheads.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Don't know when the last time you've been to Yeadon MisterCreoste but Meth is not the drug of choice there. At any rate, this guy has mental problems. He is a devout Muslim and his family wanted him to get help. The shooting occurred in an African American community. The officer is white. Not an ISIS case. It's more like a nut case doing it in the name of ISIS.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Mental health, huh? Devout Muslim but religion is not a factor, huh?

Another unintended consequence of needlessly arming the police.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Probably just a fan of ISIS' healthcare system:

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Stolen cop gun.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Can we change the thread title so as not to needlessly alarm people? This is absurd.

7. Mr. Sunshine

While we're at it, mods, please delete all references to Islam.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Plus, trigger warning needs to be displayed and the owner of the site needs to send cuddly puppies to the sensitive ones.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Please don't include my posts in your inanity.

On a board of mostly journalists and news junkies, this thread title is inappropriate, at best.

10. Mr. Sunshine

You seem to be the kind of "journalist" MC alludes to at the beginning of the OP. Also, did I miss your similar insistence on accuracy and appropriateness in the militia thread?

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

What kind of Muslim name is D-Money anyway?

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted