1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Powerball

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

With no winner Wednesday night........now could get up to $675,000,000

If you won......what would you do?.......Cash it in, or annuities?.....

Me......I'm cashing it in..............paying off everything...make sure kid is set for life........give my family and wife's family a million or so........condo in Florida.......condo in Arizona........new house out here........couple new vehicles (nothing crazy.....$150,000 total tops).........giving local high school a couple million to turf the football field and build new gym......quitting my job......putting a couple million in some CD's..........build a bar.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Travel. I would travel. I'm not even sure I'd keep a place to live for the first few years.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I would put it all back to hit the next Powerball to get that high.

Seriously, it's amazing how many of these big winners end pissing the money away or tied up in court. I might risk it for $600 million though.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I saw a story that 55 percent of Americans would not quit their jobs if they won.

I am honestly having a difficult time trying to imagine a job that I wouldn't quit.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

My wife and I talked about it, and we agreed we'd buy our entire cul de sac, raze the dozen or so houses, and built an obnoxious mansion and use what is now the street as our driveway.

And, I'll buy myself a fur coat and a giant, gold-plated clock to wear around my neck, like Flava Flav.

I Should Coco, SpeedTchr and Dyno like this.
  6. Dick Whitman

I would probably start an IndyCar team or get into race horses. Some kind of sports venture like that.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Hire Los Del Rio and Lou Bega to follow people I hate around until I get bored with it.

Probably get a new car too.

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

The first time I cashed any kind of a winning ticket, it was by having the Power Ball number and I think I got $4. I remember a few weeks later I had the Power Ball number and one other and also got $4. I've never understood the rationale why having more of the selected numbers wouldn't pay more. As far as winning the hundreds of millions, I don't need it; give me one of the prizes for $1 million or $2 million and I'll live out my remaining days in eternal gratitude and comfort.

9. Dick Whitman

I've often thought: How much would I need to quit my job?

I think the answer is whatever it would take to pay off my mortgage and student loans.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'd guess it has a lot to do with trying to maintain one's privacy.

As soon as one is outed as a winner, all of the mooching has to become unbearable very quickly.

11. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I'm not a lottery person myself, but I do like that a lot more people start playing when it reaches a half billion compared to $100 million. As if a $40 million payout just wouldn't be worth the effort of walking down to the convenience store and buying that ticket.

SnarkShark likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted