1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Happy New Year anyway

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Dec 31, 2015.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Bad start to 2016.

Got caught in a throng. You don't know crowds until you've lived in Asia. I was unable to return to my apartment because the streets were blocked off; no idea why they were corralling revelers (many wearing roller skates) in barricades. Fearful of a stampede, which are a serious threat here, my friend and I (mostly her, as I have no language skills here) tried to explain that we needed to just get to the building right over there -- two blocks away -- but the guy kept waving us to go around the barricade -- a multi-kilometer walk.

After a 15-minute discussion, we went to a different barricade 10 feet away and were allowed to go through the underground parking garage. Ten minutes and one year later, We finally emerged at the apartment building. A Seinfeldian start to the year.

Once at home, I went to Slingbox my bowl game and discovered that, due to a Slingbox update, my computer is now officially too old to use the device.

So it's downhill from here, right?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm going to bed.

Vombatus and HC like this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

314 days until we can start debating the 2020 presidential election.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

No spoilers, KJIM ... but you probably are lucky you aren't seeing the bowl game.

For the rest of us still stuck in 2015, let's all play it safe and make to the new year.

And for those traveling, be sure to call the airport and check on your flight time. ;)

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Wasn't that last part supposed to happen on Jan. 1, 2000?

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

8. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Considering the result of the game -- and the commensurate message board meltdowns -- the Slingbox situation became a New Year's miracle. I'd like that four hours back.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted