1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox Sports 1: Another Murdoch propaganda foghorn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Unlike Fox News, does anyone watch FS1? I thought remembered reading their ratings have been nonexistent. I've never watched outside of Big East basketball.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I watch college football or MLB games if they're on there, but otherwise, I never watch it.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Live events only for FS1 in my house. About the same for ESPN, save for the docs and E:60.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Live sports is the only reason I have cable. I don't watch much programming on ESPN, MLB, NFL, or FS1 unless it's an actual game.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The obscure truthers who smallpotatoes follows are more recognizable than Clay Travis. Who gives a shit about these people?

My #1 takeaway from reading this board for 13+ years is that so many people obsess over unknown cable personalities, whether news or sports.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

live events only for FS1, ESPN, (except for SVP SC) Golf Channel, MLB........hell any of them.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I guess I "watch" the NFL Game Day stuff Sunday mornings on ESPN, in that I tune the TV to that channel, but it's mostly background noise unless I hear something about an injury that affects my fantasy team.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You know what's really amazing?
    There's a Fox Sports 2.
    It's like ESPN 8, only with more Australian Rules Football. Last night there was a Red Bull sponsored speed skating event on that was absolutely mesmerizing. Sort of like motocross on ice skates. If I hadn't been into the bowl game, I might have stayed with it for the full hour.

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The Ocho!

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The problem with FS1 isn't Cowherd, Whitlock and Travis, it is that they are about the only thing that people write about FS1. ESPN has their own blowhards, but they also have 30 for 30, College Gameday, Outside the Lines, the NFL, E:60, the College Football Playoff, MLB, the NBA, etc. etc. As much as I like Onrait and O'Toole, sports highlight shows have limited growth potential since now people put together their "own" show picking which highlights to watch. If anything, FS1 should be using Jay Glazer more.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Jay Glazer and Jason Whitlock should never be allowed to talk. About anything. Period.

Draft saved Draft deleted