1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Writer in NYC

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by Tiger&Islander, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Tiger&Islander

Tiger&Islander New Member

Experienced reporter/editor in NYC available to cover all sports, with particular expertise and experience covering Major League Baseball. Have written about MLB, NFL, NCAA football, basketball, and non-revenue sports, NBA, NHL, motor sports and more. Will work for pennies, because it's more than I'm making now. No strings attached. Won't let you down.

2. ringer

ringer Active Member

"Will work for pennies, because it's more than I'm making now."

WHY WOULD YOU EVER PUBLICLY SAY THAT TO A POTENTIAL EMPLOYER?

3. Tiger&Islander

Tiger&Islander New Member

Truth, transparency and a bit of wit. Three things I believe in and, if I was hiring, three thing I'd want my reporters to strive for.

4. ringer

ringer Active Member

Fully agree. Those are excellent qualities, but editors are also looking for "smart" and that's pretty much the worst thing to say when discussing money -- especially for someone with real qualifications, which it sounds like you have.

I'm done here.

Draft saved Draft deleted