1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary Clinton may want to close every public school in America, according to math

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Closing poor performing schools? I can get onboard with this:

During an event in Iowa on Tuesday, Hillary Clinton offered a suggestion to improve the nation's schools. "I wouldn't keep any school open that wasn’t doing a better-than-average job," she said. "If a school's not doing a good job, then that may not be good for the kids."

Now this sounds great, except for one downside: It would, taken to its logical conclusion, mean shutting down every school in the country.

Hillary Clinton may want to close every public school in America, according to math

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Lake Woebegone High is gonna get crowded as shit.

Ace, britwrit and LongTimeListener like this.
  3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That was my first thought as well. Very well done.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

She's being beaten to it by the tea party whackos who are trying to defund public education and let the Jesus schools do the job.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Maybe the batty ole bitch needs to take another bathroom break.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I know plenty of parents who sent their kids to "Jesus schools" who aren't especially religious or even affiliated with the school's religion because -- gasp! -- the education is vastly superior.

old_tony likes this.
  8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

What schools will replace those underperforming ones Hillary wants to shut down?

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Judge Smalls is saddened to learn that the world now has machines to dig ditches.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How do they know it's vastly superior? Fewer "ethnic" kids in the classroom?

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Pretty much, Ace. It's generally not true anyway -- I mean, it's true to the degree that a self-selected group of wealthy and educated parents will have more successful kids. But it's nothing to do with the institution or the teachers.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

None of the parents I know who sent their kids to Catholic schools were in any way rich. They were blue-collar parents who cared about their kids' education, not jerking off to political talking points that made them feel better about decisions they chose not to make.

Of course, one of the reasons those schools are better is that they're not filled with shitty teachers protected by unions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.