1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GoingFor2.com Looking for Jr Writers for editorial sports content

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by Geoff Lambert, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geoff Lambert

Geoff Lambert New Member

GoingFor2.com has made a name for itself in the Fantasy Sports field and is looking to expand its audience by offering editorial sports articles. We are looking for enthusiastic sports fans to write opinionated and thought-provoking columns for all sports, including, but not limited to; NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, PGA, Nascar, MMA/UFC, and Esports. This is a paid position, but we are a small blog so compensation is minimal.

If interested, apply here: goingfor2.com/write-for-us

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Paid, meaning a salary, or meaning a freelance fee?

3. Geoff Lambert

Geoff Lambert New Member

It's a pay per view. $1 per 1,000 views and a .50 cent per article bonus.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

LOL. It would be less insulting to offer an unpaid internship.

BDC99 likes this.
  5. Ice9

Ice9 Active Member

WTF is Esports? You mean like "deportes"?

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Video games. They're a sport now. They work just as hard.

7. Southwinds

Southwinds Member

Wow - .50 cents? They're not even giving away a full penny anymore?

Get out of here.

Potter and SnarkShark like this.
  8. Ice9

Ice9 Active Member

Wait, seriously? Fantasy sports for video games? That's a real thing and not an Onion article?

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

No. it's actually video game competitions. It's on the telly every once in a while. And I immediately change the channel.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

No. No. This is writing about fantasy sports, at least going by the web site. But NFL network does have a show where guys play Madden.

11. Ice9

Ice9 Active Member

Another reason not to watch NFL Network and all its Planet Zippy-ness

12. Geoff Lambert

Geoff Lambert New Member

Hadn't checked back here for awhile. I thought I signed up for email alerts, guess not.
    Obviously, I meant $.50, not half a penny.

Though it may be insulting to you, 95% of sites like mine pay nothing. I know this because I write for 2 other sites in addition to mine in which I get zero compensation. Some people just like to write, and if they get a little incentive to do it then why not?

And yes, E-sports is a thing. Mostly first person shooters with large teams. Mostly in Europe and Asian. And fantasy e-sports is a "daily fantasy" game that Draftkings and a few others have.

Now with all that said. I've found 3 writers already from this post. I'm still looking if there is anyone else still interested. http://goingfor2.com/write-for-us

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.