1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Force Awakens" (with SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Here is the thread to talk to other who have already seen it.

2. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Was waiting for this thread to start....becauee reddit is already crawling with fan bois nitpicking it.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

This keeps me from having to see the movie. Thanks, Dick.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Exactly why I went to see it last night. I figured even waiting until Saturday or Sunday would make it impossible to avoid spoilers.

Soooo, might as well pop the cork. In 20 years, will Lucas buy back the franchise and try to redeem himself by telling us Han stabbed first?

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

6. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

My general reaction was that I liked what I saw. I likely will be in the minority, but if this was the first movie I had ever seen in the series, I would have enjoyed about 95 percent of it.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You don't "have" to see it anyway.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You seem like fun!

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Daniel Craig had a bit role, a speaking part even, in the movie as a stormtrooper.

He's the one who releases Rey, and is one of the movie's funniest bits.

bigpern23 and spikechiquet like this.
  10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I was digging on how they had some camaraderie and in-jokes with the Stormtroopers. The scene where pissed-off Kylo Ren is tearing up a room with his lightsaber (might have been right after Rey gets released) and the two Stormtroopers are coming down the hall, turn around and walk the other way was hilarious.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Was the planet Luke is on at the end supposed to be Earth? Or just Random Star Wars Planet No. 733?
    The quick glimpse as they dropped out of light speed sure looked like Earth.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I was a little disappointed by the closing scene in which Harrison Ford wakes up in a nondescript bedroom next to Suzanne Pleshette and says, "I just had the strangest dream ..."

Draft saved Draft deleted