1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poin passes an oral exam

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Spartan Squad, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Mingenfelter? I hardly knew her!

3. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Identifying the victim as Troy P - a 14-year old boy - who went on said Middle School camping trip is not exactly protecting the identity of the victim...

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Play Mysti for me

5. Spartan Squad

This was kind of weird. I don't see any reason to name a juvenile in this case unless the family comes out and makes a statement. In a previous life, I was at a paper where a football coach got caught scrutinizing a girl's oral arguments in a parking lot. There the family did come forward and the girl told her story. That was the only time I've been apart of a paper naming a victim.

6. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm too sheltered to understand this Spartan. Are we talking about him taking her out to eat, or something else? And if so, what story did the girl have to tell?

7. Spartan Squad

To put it more bluntly, he got caught taking her out so she could give him blow jobs in parking lots.

At first, no one believed the girl's story as it was being told through the police. The coach was a well-liked, clean-cut young guy who I believe was married and she had a bad reputation at the school. There were a lot of rumors going around, so the family came out and provided specifics that turned the school and the public against the coach.

Draft saved Draft deleted