1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 15 NFL Thread: Nobody cares anymore

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Well, despite the NFL's lack of popularity, I figured I'd start this thread.

Thursday should be an entertaining coachfest between Lovie and Fisher.

Sunday's big game will be the Giants handing the Panthers their first loss -- nicely setting up them losing their last two and missing the playoffs.

Texans at Colts in the battle for AFC South mediocrity.

Broncos at Steelers and Cardinals at Eagles are the other big games with playoff implications.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I am boycotting the rest of the season because I fervently believed the NFC East could put a 6-10 team in the playoffs, and now that's mathematically impossible. In fact somebody might even get to 8-8. What bullshit.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The AFC South could still have a 6-9-1 team in the playoffs, and I'd be interested to learn what the money line on a Colts-Texans tie is.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Week 15 - two pages, max.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Last year's below-.500 division winner is 13-0 right now. That kind of thing will happen again next year, right?

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Only if the Skins put their real QB back in.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Too bad he isn't on the team yet.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Can't a 6-9-1 team win the division, theoretically?

9. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I'm rooting for this, even though I follow the Texans. 6-9-1 is exactly what the winner of the AFC South deserves. Bortles is the best quarterback in the division but the Jags might suck too much overall to get to first place. Hoyer has become Mr. Concussion and T.J. Yates is the better backup, not Brandon Weeden. Indy could end up in the hands of Clipboard Jesus and Tennessee isn't consistent enough.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Giants on the moneyline. That game isn't even posted at my book yet, which makes me even more confident.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Do the Steelers have another bye?

murphyc likes this.
  12. Pats lose Blount for the remainder of the season. Sign Montee Ball.

Draft saved Draft deleted