1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does this FAU professor still have a job?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/flo...king-kids-massacre-for-money/comments/#disqus

The FAU professor who claims Sandy Hook was faked is not backing down. In fact, now he's going after victims' parents, sending a certified letter asking them to prove their son existed.
    When they call for FAU to fire him, he doubles down, saying their son was "killed twice" without a shred of evidence.
    I know all about freedom of speech and academic freedom and all that, but it seems to me that accusing someone of some very serious crimes without any evidence to back it up, is libel.
    First, if the parents were getting rich from money raised from various charities, the IRS would be all over it.
    Second, as far as his son being "killed twice" there is no evidence there. Snopes looked into it and found it to be a bogus claim. Game over.
    Third, he has no right to ask for proof that their son existed.
    It's time FAU fired this guy.

Info Boors

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

You really love this shit, huh?

3. Smallpotatoes

No, I just want to see this guy and his ilk locked up in a mental hospital. But having him lose his job will do.

4. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I think it's time Tracy provides proof he's a professor.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A lot of people in Florida have guns. You'd think somebody could put one to good use.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Instead of calling for his job, they should just sue his ass in court for a few million. They. Can say they'll show him proof during the discovery. Then he'll need the job to pay off the decision.

7. Smallpotatoes

I think Starman justice would do wonders for his critical thinking skills.

8. Smallpotatoes

I'm pretty sure no proof would be needed. The court would assume the shooting took place as reported. No reason not to. The Snopes piece proves everything you need to know about the claim that the kid "died twice."

9. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Right before logging onto sj.com and clicking on this thread, I had just finished reading the following article about the same kid:

The gun that killed my grandson at Sandy Hook

All I can say is this prof is a Grade A asshole.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

But if he's just doing this stuff off the clock ...

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, that too. It is off the clock, so he shouldn't lose his job. But that doesn't mean the family shouldn't sue him for harassment and slander.

12. Smallpotatoes

It's his blog, but he does not hide the fact that he teaches at FAU. He also seems to use his position there to give his claims credibility and he does teach a course on conspiracy theories.
    I would not want someone like that representing my university.

Draft saved Draft deleted