1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lies, damn lies and politics

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BDC99, Dec 12, 2015.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I still remember how one of Romney's spokesmen said they wouldn't let fact checkers dictate their campaign.

It said an awful lot to me.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Now, THAT was unexpected. I know how you hate your facts. You know, if someone is quoted as saying something and then say they never said it, it's not hard to track down. But you can't be bothered with such things.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Sometimes there is video or audio of them saying it and they still didn't say it.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Every single thing Trump says is a lie. Every single thing.

Carson is wrong about pretty much everything he says, but a lot of it is ignorance and stupidity.

Trump knows he's lying and doesn't give a shit.

heyabbott and BDC99 like this.
  7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Just occurred to me that o_t isn't even willing to utter the word "fact."

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Can you point to one thing they've gotten wrong?

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

You know the answer to that

10. old_tony

I can point to a number of things they've gotten wrong. And the real bias is in what things they choose to "rate" and how they choose to rate them.

Obama says "2+1=4" and they rate it "mostly true" because 3 is 3/4 of the way to 4. Cruz says "terrorism is our biggest threat" and they rate it "mostly false" because Obama says ISIS is contained and global warming is a bigger threat. Facts used to be objective things. Not so with PolitiFarce.

Liberal journalists defending their liberal heroes. Nothing more.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I highly doubt you have read any of their stuff. You could cite some examples.

12. old_tony

I really don't care what you doubt. It's in my local paper, the one I wrote for for 25 years. I know the people who do it and I know their biases.

Draft saved Draft deleted