1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vaping

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Oct 11, 2015.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You can't do it without looking like a douche.

That's all I've got.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Might depend on what you're vaping.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

As long time tobacco user still struggling with occassional relapses, I don't get it.
    It appears to maintain the addiction while removing the more pleasant aspects of enjoying tobacco.

Now vaproizing marijuana, I get that, and if I were ever to take up marijuana use again as a recreation I would definitely consider a vaporizers.
    I stopped smoking pot in the mid 1990s. Vaporizer wasn't an option.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I don't understand exactly how it works and what the point is ... but I'm not going to ask someone who does it because, well, what dixiehack said. Douches.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I did it when I quit smoking. For about two months, before it started making me sick. Then I went cold turkey the rest of the way.

It was nothing more than a pacifier for me. Not something I'd ever do on a regular basis.

It allegedly gives you the nicotine fix through infused water vapor and without the rest of the toxins from cigarettes. Yet, the more we find out about vaping, the more harmful it's shown to be.

It'll be a nonexistent industry in 10 years.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen anyone other than white males, with the odd white female tossed in, doing this?

I can almost add it to listening to Dave Matthews or wearing those shoes with the toes that only white people seem to do.

7. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't get the appeal, but people are allowed to choose to do things that are dangerous.
    Motorcycles result in 30 times more fatal accidents that cars, but people can choose to ride motorcycles.

I don't get the appeal of vaping or motorcycles, but adults can choose do either or both.

10. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

We'll find out it's healthier to smoke cigarettes.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I've said this from Day 1. I are smart. You're inhaling unknown chemicals? Prob not a good idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted