1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2015 Heisman. Who ya got?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Dec 8, 2015.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Looks like Henry is the heavy favorite and will likely win. I'd probably vote McCaffrey, but I'd have a tough time arguing with Henry.

Who ya got?

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Ditto.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Henry is one of the best RBs in the country and carried his team to the SEC title and a playoff berth. He should win easily.

I'd vote McCaffrey No. 2 and either Watson or Reynolds third. You know I love my option football, and Keenan Reynolds is the best college QB to ever run the option attack.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

McCaffrey, because he was the most fun player to watch this season, although I wouldn't be upset if Henry won it.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Will probably be the closest vote since 2009, when RBs from Alabama and Stanford were also the top contenders.

I think Henry wins, and probably should. But it's not a slam dunk.

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

No player had the impact McCaffrey did.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Come on now.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

McCaffrey

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

@LTL: OK, maybe I'm exaggerating, but Reynolds has the most career rushing yards at Navy (which has run the ball a li'l bit over the years) and the most career TDs in Division I football.

I'm just saying he should be among the Heisman finalists, because running the system Navy runs, few have done it better.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It depends how narrowly you want to define "the system Navy runs," but when you say option quarterback, Nebraska alone might have had five better ones.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

This is where SJ begins the "It's not a career achievement award" debate.

Ready.....set.....GO!

12. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

For any of you ignoring McCaffrey's accomplishments -- breaking Barry Sanders' all-purpose yards record that stood for 27 years, doing it in fewer touches than Sanders -- in favor of a very good player with lesser accomplishments I ask you: Did you vote for Gino Torreta instead of Marshall Faulk? Jason White (who?) instead of Larry Fitzgerald? That colossal phony, RG-Me, I mean RGIII, over Andrew Luck? If your ballot has Henry over McCaffrey, you'd just repeating old mistakes.

Draft saved Draft deleted