1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Springsteen single out today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UNCGrad, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Tour dates announced, I will be aiming for Toronto. First show I saw was The River tour in Jan. 1981.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band 2016 US Tour Dates:
    Jan 16 Pittsburgh, PA Consol Energy Center
    Jan 19 Chicago, IL United Center
    Jan 24 & 27 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
    Jan 29 Washington, DC Verizon Center
    Jan 31 Newark, NJ Prudential Center
    Feb 2 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
    Feb 4 Boston, MA TD Garden
    Feb 8 Albany, NY Times Union Center
    Feb 10 Hartford, CT XL Center
    Feb 12 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
    Feb 16 Sunrise, FL BB&T Center
    Feb 18 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena
    Feb 21 Louisville, KY KFC Yum! Center
    Feb 23 Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena
    Feb 25 Buffalo, NY First Niagara Center
    Feb 27 Rochester, NY Blue Cross Arena
    Feb 29 St Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center
    Mar 3 Milwaukee, WI BMO Harris Bradley Center
    Mar 6 St Louis, MO Chaifetz Arena
    Mar 10 Phoenix, AZ Talking Stick Resort Arena
    Mar 13 Oakland, CA Oracle Arena
    Mar 15 & 17 Los Angeles, CA Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

On this tour you already know what 2/3 - 3 /4 of the show is going to be ...
    Springsteen’s decision to present full-album ‘River’ shows may disappoint some fans

The full album is 20 songs, leaving room for 12 "wild card" slots. If 6 of the "wild cards" are standard war horses (Promised Land, Balands, Born to Run, Dancing in the Dark, 2 others) that still leaves six spots to truly mix it up.

However it greatly cuts down on my desire to travel to shows. Will stay "local" (meaning NYC, NJ, Philly, possibly Hartford or DC)

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Presumably 2-4 of the "wildcard" slots will be some of the more famous/notable "River" outtakes as well. So there will probably only be 3-4 slots that really change from night to night.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

going to be a shitshow for tickets in about 10 minutes.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Struck out here in Toronto, sold out in less than five minutes. Was offered a pair at the side of the stage for $115 each. Uh, no thanks.

6. Webster

I got GAs for Newark and crappy seats for Hartford. No one I know got any for MSG and I was the only one I know who got Newark. Unfortunately, I can't make the Albany show, which I heard was somewhat easier to secure.

My quest for 100 shows will have to wait until the next leg.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Scored a single fair lower level for Newark, my wife got a fair pair of lowers for Philly, struck out for MSG

8. Webster

Saw the show last night at MSG (waited to buy on Seat Geek at 6:30 and scored a very good lower for only a 60% markup). Bruce was great as always. The fact that the first 21 songs are known in advance is a little strange and the pacing for the second album was as awkward as I thought it would be. The slower songs work the best -- Stolen Car, Drive All Night and Fade Away.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Those slow songs are the ones that have stuck in my head from that album.

10. Webster

Ace -- agreed. They are the most interesting and best written songs. It's strange to go from Point Blank to Cadillac Ranch, from I'm a Rocker to Fade Away, from Stolen Car to Ramrod and then end on 3 pretty slow songs.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I saw the original River tour, twice at the Cap Center and once in NJ. Hungry Heart opened after the 1st intermission every time. It was crazy the first time. I was unaware the crowd sang the first verse until it happened.

I had to pass on tomorrow's show in DC. , my wife's cancer won't let us go. River is my favorite album, front to back. I did get the free download of the Chicago show.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted