1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Never nudes and other adventures

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Dec 4, 2015.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Here's the thing if I don't want another grown man to see my dick makes me an entitled millennial, then, me, at 45, is an entitled millennial.

On occasion I go to the gym and, on occasion during my work day, so I change in a communal locker room but the showers are private and that's the way it should be.

That doesn't mean I have an issue with body acceptance or that I'm not a functioning adult.

I think it means the exact opposite. For the same reason that when a group of friends go on vacation, we don't cram eight people to a room to save money. Being an adult means you have some money and having money means an expectation of some privacy.

The argument here, if you follow it through, is you shouldn't have private shitters but, instead, the commodes should just be lined up in a row as we sit there, cheeks a flexing, trying to give birth to another Texan.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/0...and_normal_fear_of_it_is_irrational.html&_r=0

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That article is pretty good satire.

Bryan Dunkelberger? Really?

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Okay, the commode lineup gave me a Full Metal Jacket flashback.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

A former co-worker of mine was a Navy veteran. He said the bathroom in the barracks during basic training had stalls, but with no doors and a long mirror directly across, so you could see every guy down the line doing his business.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I am ... in a world ... of shit.

Vombatus and old_tony like this.
  6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Believe it or not but I was thinking of the bathroom in Full Metal Jacket when I typed that.

Vombatus likes this.
  7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Great minds think alike.
    Fools seldom differ.

Draft saved Draft deleted