1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scott Weiland Found Dead on Tour Bus

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riptide, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Rock star Scott Weiland was found dead on his tour bus in Minnesota ... TMZ has learned.

Weiland was on tour with his band Scott Weiland & The Wildabouts ... they were supposed to play the Medina Ballroom tonight, but the show was cancelled.

A source connected to the band tells us Scott was found Thursday night on the bus around 9 PM -- presumably, shortly before the band was to go on.

The former lead singer for Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver famously battled substance abuse for years. It's unclear right now what caused his death.

Scott was 48.

Story developing ...

http://www.tmz.com/2015/12/03/scott-weiland-dead/

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Well fuck

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A surprise really only in that it didn't happen 20 years ago.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Wow. Too bad but not entirely unexpected. Sad

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"Sammy Sosa signin' autographs."

I don't care what the real line was. That's how we belted it out every time.

RIP. I saw them at Indiana state fairgrounds arena in 1997 or so. I remember he was terrific. And I remember balloons raining from the ceiling during "Lady Picture Show."

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Was thinking of him 2 days ago.

7. Songbird

8. Dick Whitman

"Purple" is that rare bird, an album you could let play all the way through. Not a moment of filler.

9. Songbird

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Yep. At least he made it well past the age 27 curse.

Was more into STP than Velvet Revolver, but wasn't a huge fan of either.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Nirvana and Pearl Jam got all of the attention for obvious reasons but STP was kind of like the early 90s Portland Trailblazers - they were never good enough to be the best or most popular, but fuck were they fun.

And the volume always seems to go up in my car when this one comes on.

12. Dick Whitman

Well, a big reason for that was that when they first came out, Weiland was clearly aping Eddie Vedder's vocal style, especially on "Plush," and they got destroyed for it critically. They became their own band on "Purple" and, frankly, a lot of "Core." But they got pigeon-holed right away as kind of the first of the poseurs, and never totally shook that.

bigpern23 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted