1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Springsteen single out today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UNCGrad, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If you follow the song through, there are lyric or hook fragments which were transplanted into five (I believe) other Bruce songs:

1) The Ties That Bind
    2) The River
    3) Point Blank
    4) Jersey Girl
    5) Sherry Darling

... so basically "Party Lights" was just an organ donor for about half an album's worth of songs.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The Fuhrer has his own thoughts on The River box:

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Current rumor from highly reliable sources is a scaled-down E Street Band (compared to recent tours) doing a 3-month US tour in January - March highlighting songs from The Promise discs (included with the Darkness box) and stuff from The River box.

There are also reports of a new album coming out in the spring or summer.

4. EStreetJoe

Even though the Tempe show is not complete, it's pro-shot in stellar quality of a great show, so I'm looking forward to that and to the previously unreleased outtakes in this set.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Is this the show the "Rosalita" concert vid came from? Or was that Phoenix?

6. EStreetJoe

Phoenix/Tempe - same venue.
    Rosalita video was from the 1978 show there.
    The River show there was played the night after Reagan was elected and Bruce's intro to Badlands was "I don't know about you, but I think what happened last night is pretty scary"

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'm a canuckistanbio, what do I know aboutr Arizona? :)

I saw The River tour in Toronto, I was at the first night which was the day of Reagan's inauguration.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I will be interesting to see what he does. I thought that the band was leaking serious oil at the end of the last tour, especially the core members. A short tour may be all that they want to do at this stage.

9. Starman

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

The document goes into a lot of economical details (higher royalty rates, a $31-million advance, a contract extension until June 2027, etc)

He'd be 78 then. Holy shit.

11. Starman

Yeah, 11 1/2 years from now.

We'll all be enjoying the "Darkness" 50th anniversary total sensurround EKG neural transmission programs by then.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He probably has a 75-100 tracks recorded if need be. I'm guessing that anything which he puts out will still sell to the hardcore and every couple of years he puts out the boxed sets.

Has anyone bought the live shows from his site?

Draft saved Draft deleted