1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 12 NFL thread: Good Thanksgiving action!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Nov 25, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Also, Carolina-Dallas is a pick 'em, not what you'd expect from 10-0 vs. 3-7.

And there's always the chance that Chip Kelly's players will beat him to death on the sidelines. Plus Mark Sanchez has Thanksgiving history.

[​IMG]

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The first line I heard for Carolina-Dallas had the Panthers as a one-point underdog.

It's a ready made pre-game speech for Rivera!

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Interestingly, it opened with Dallas as a 1-point favorite, swung to make Carolina a 1-point favorite, and has now settled at pick 'em.

EDIT: DaMan beat me to it.

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Thought it would open at Carolina -2 or 3, but really think Dallas is winning it.

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Thanksgiving Day dinner always goes down better when the Cowboys lose and Jerry Jones is miserable. Go, Panthers.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I am unsure as to why so many people are so enthusiastic about Dallas in this game. The Miami game was broadcast here, and I watched some of it, and Dallas hardly looked transformed against a team that has to work hard to achieve mediocrity.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Couple things. Romo on a short week since his back injury is not a good scenario for him. Plus, Carolina is second in the league in sacks, and if they can rough him up (Romo took some huge hits last week) it will make a difference. Norman has the ability to make Bryant a non-factor -- or at least, to significantly limit his impact. And those linebackers can control the running game.

I like the Panthers.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Panthers win can Dallas still win the East?

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't think so. Three and eight is more than a hole, it's a crevice.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Panthers were 3-8-1 about this time last year.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The Giants' remaining schedule doesn't look as tough as it did a month or so ago with the Jets slumping and the Eagles in disarray. They do still have the play Carolina at home and at Miami and Minnesota (and, of course, at Washington this week). They'd need four wins to put it away.

I wouldn't count on Dallas winning out after this week, either. The Cowboys still have to play at Green Bay and at Buffalo in December. They also have Washington twice, which historically is always a very close game.

Draft saved Draft deleted