1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanksgiving. Legitimately

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Nov 21, 2015.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

No snark, please. I really am thankful for a lot of things.

I just read this story: New Zealand helicopter crashes; 7 feared dead - CNN.com. Seven people feared dead in a New Zealand helicopter crash.

A week and a half ago, I was in a helicopter going up to the same glacier.

I have lots to be thankful for, but that one is a bit gut-wrenching.

Happy Thanksgiving.
    (someone else can do the Cross Giblets of Death thread)

Baron Scicluna, Gator, Ace and 4 others like this.
  2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

There can be only one author of Crossed Giblets of Death, and that person, sadly, no longer frequents the site.

I'm not usually a fan of sincerity and earnestness in anonymous message board postings; however, my wife and I recently passed our third wedding anniversary. I'm thankful for her.
    Our twins had to be delivered very early and remain in the hospital, but I am thankful that they have been progressing well under the circumstances. I am thankful for them and hopeful that the positive trend will continue.
    After an extremely unpleasant and very brief tenure at a nearby university, I am now with a great a company. I am thankful for the opportunity and my career.
    Both of my parents died last year, but I am thankful for the life and upbringing they gave me. Without all they did and their influence, I would not have those things I have already mentioned or all of the other wonderful things that are too numerous to mention.

And now it'll be another 15 years before the board gets anything personal or earnest out of me.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Dear Buck,

You can also be thankful for your amazing sense of humor, which I'm 100% sure remains perfectly intact, even with all the peaks and valleys in your life recently.

((( HUGS )))

Congrats on the babies !

Lugs

4. Key

Key Well-Known Member

We're hosting this year...I'm gonna break out the Fall to Your Knees Mac and Cheese in honor of the Ghost of Crossed Giblets of Death Past.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The board is poorer for 21's absence. With the way things are around here, I'm surprised any women frequent the board.

TigerVols likes this.
  6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am thankful for finding a great landing spot out of the daily newspaper grind and my co-workers (75 percent female, by the way) are really talented and supportive.

I am thankful for my wife, who has stuck by me despite all my stupid mistakes, and my boys who are growing into great young men.

Thankful that my parents are still around and healthy and that I have a wonderful mother-in-law.

Got a sweet setup. Only one who can screw it up is me, and I'm working on it.

murphyc likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Do you really find it hostile to women? I don't get that.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Well, thank you, Lugs. That is very nice of you to say.

So, a priest and a rabbi walk into a bar ...

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

And the bartender says, "Get the F out of here!"?

Happy Thanksgiving, Buck!

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm thankful for:

1. my incredible wife who keeps me grounded and loves me unconditionally;
    2. my two wonderful, healthy boys;
    3. my wonderful parents who gave me the opportunity to go to college; and
    4. my extended family who always gave me a sense of belonging and love.

Baron Scicluna, murphyc and Ace like this.
  11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Buck- I hope you get to hold your babies soon.

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Buck!

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

cranberry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted