1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Soup for you ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gator, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

... or anyone, for that matter. The clip show on the E! Network is ending after 22 years.

Joel McHale has been very good in this role, but man, when they went live (I'd say in the past year or so), it really went downhill. I DVR and watched it's religiously for years, but haven't seen it in months. Caught one episode with NASCAR racers, and it was downright terrible.

'The Soup' is off! E! and Joel McHale to end comedy show making fun of pop culture

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Haven't watched E since Howard Stern's show, although back then thought the Soup was pretty good.

3. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Man, haven't seen that show in years. Maybe since Greg Kinnear was host? It was great back when they did Springer and stuff like that all the time. Surprised it survived this long.

4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

See, and I think it would survive in this day and age, because pretty much everything on TV is a reality show, which lends itself to stupidity. The writing, though, is what killed it. Just so bad.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I wondered if there might be TOO MANY. To the point the producers couldn't sift through it all to find the best material.

Gator likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted