1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

#BlackPetsMatter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MTM, Nov 16, 2015.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I'm guessing they are playing off Black Friday, but this looks like a bad idea

Black Pet Adoption Event at the Podunk Animal Shelter!
    Dear Podunk Press,
    While you begin your holiday shopping, take some time to stop by the City of Podunk's Animal Services & Shelter and spread some holiday joy by adopting a dog or cat. The shelter animals are anxiously waiting to join your family this holiday season. Nothing brings more joy more than a wagging tail, a sloppy wet kiss, or a furry feline on your lap.

Starting Saturday, Nov. 21 through Saturday, Nov. 28, the Podunk Animal Shelter will celebrate “Black Pet Friday Week”. The $20 adoption fee will be waived for any black animal or any animal with black markings. Regular spay/neuter and licensing fees still apply. If the animal was spayed/neutered prior to arriving at the shelter, a reduced adoption fee of $10 will apply.

2. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

According to many FB links, black cats and dogs get adopted at a lesser rate. We need some of our best and brightest college minds to get on this.

And before anyone gets all up in arms, one of my favorite pets is black.

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Some of my best friends have black pets.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Some of my best friends are black too. I even know a nip.

Both of our cats have some black in them. That makes them ineligible to be Mormons. I'll have to take them to the pointy hat people to have them blessed on Saint Assisi day, or whatever they call it. My cats are also without passports.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Worst PR idea ever.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

God forbid somebody gets offended.

Draft saved Draft deleted