1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2015-16 College Hoops Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jake_Taylor, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Didn't see a thread and the season is starting this week.

Fox Sports has a Kansas - Virginia national title game, which would create quite a bit of tension in my household.

2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

There's a couple of interesting opening night games with UNC-Temple at the Veterans Classic in Annapolis and Pitt-Gonzaga in the Armed Forces Classic at Camp Butler in Okinawa.

I'd like to see my Heels make a deep run this year because I expect the next few to be painful.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Sad that most bracketologies have Michigan State and Virginia in different brackets. America needs Izzo to bounce the Hoos again.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

How would you like to have covered this one?
    Alcorn State and Tougaloo College played a double-overtime game Thursday night (Alcorn won 122-117) in which they combined to go 90-for-136 from the free throw line.

Alcorn State - Men's Basketball vs Tougaloo College (Miss.) on 11/12/2015

Both the total number of free throws and the number of made free throws would be NCAA Division I records, except Tougaloo is an NAIA school so it won't count. Only games between two Division I teams are eligible for the record books.
    The record for combined makes in a game is 88, set by Morehead State and Cincinnati in 1956. The record for total attempts is 130, set by Northern Arizona and Arizona in 1953.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Overtime in an exhibition game is an abomination, saith the Lord.

Big Circus and franticscribe like this.
  6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Wait, people are predicting brackets already?

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Lunardi had one out basically the second last year's championship game was over.

8. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

That box says that one Tougaloo player had seven personal fouls and another had six. New rules this year?

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That might be the stupidest thing I've heard in the sports world this year.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Those are the ones that should count toward their record of predicting the brackets. Not the one they submit Sunday morning five minutes before the selection show starts.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

More like new SID this year. There were several places in the play by play where there were unattributed baskets or rebounds. Seems like he's still getting his sea legs under him, and a 122-117 double overtime game is a nightmarish first game to stat.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Iowa St-Colorado in three hours for the degenerate in you.

Draft saved Draft deleted