1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 10 NFL Thread: Oh how Dallas Does Suck

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Lot of good games this week..
    Nice start to the week, though less than half the country will get to the see the game on NFL Network, as the Bills meet the Jets.
    Is anybody (outside of Buffalo) rooting for Ryan and the Bills?

Dallas gets a good chance to finally, maybe get a win in a meeting with the Bucs.

Pats play the Giants in a game some think is the best chance to knock them from the ranks of the unbeatens. Plus, the Pats will be without Dion Lewis who's out for the year with a torn ACL.

Bears/Rams and Vikings/Raiders should be good. And the Chiefs play in Denver.

Sunday Night: Good test for the Cards as the play in Seattle. And a chance to further separate themselves in the division.

And Steelerjack ... They get the Browns at home. No Big Ben. DeAngelo Williams has a swollen foot and both James Harrison and Ryan Shazier (surprise) have swollen knees.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Has anyone not on ESPN's payroll ever used QBR as a stat?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The only breaks that team seems to get are bones. Even before this popped up, I thought the lack of a legitimate option behind Williams was a problem. I just don't see him holding up with the kind of workload he had this past week.

And Shazier is hurt again? Yeah, shocker. Once again, injuries are turning a game the Steelers should win into a big question mark.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Dallas has actually been ahead or right in it in the late going of every game of the losing streak with the exception of New England.

There are two issues there. The QB really does suck (that applies to both Cassel and Weeden), and the defense wears down and can't make a late stop when it needs one.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Big difference between this Giants team and the ones that beat the Pats in the Super Bowls - they have no pass rush whatsoever. It will be awfully difficult for them to slow down Brady if they can't get pressure on him. The Giants' secondary is pretty good, especially if Amukamaura is 100 percent, but their front seven sucks.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

JPP could make a big difference, especially since the Pats are down to their third-string left tackle and a bunch of backups in other OL spots.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The Patriots have made up for the OL injuries with a ridiculously efficient short passing game. As bp alluded to, that doesn't bode well for a weak front seven. I also wonder if the Pats will mix it up and run a little more in Lewis' absence to further negate any pass rush and open things up a bit downfield.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Run blocking being simpler than pass blocking, I'd expect the same with a makeshift line. They used Blount a lot against the Redskins.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I agree we'll probably see a lot of Blount.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Of course, that means James White will run for 150 yards.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted